Friday August 29, 2025 / 06 , Rabi' al-awwal , 1447
Header Logo
Leading The Way
search-icon
Footer Header
search-icon
SG
Saudi Arabia
Opinion
Discover Saudi
World
Sports
Business
Life
Advertisements
search-logo
  • Home
  • World
  • Mena
World
51 - 60 from 13033 . In "World / Mena"
Tent camp sheltering Palestinians displaced by the Israeli military offensive set up in Gaza City
Netanyahu divides Israelis and allies with plan for new military push in Gaza
JERUSALEM — Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's controversial plans for a new military push in the Gaza Strip have raised warnings from the army leadership, opposition from hostage families and concerns that more Palestinians will be killed.They also risk isolating his country even further.In a meeting of the security cabinet that lasted 10 hours, ministers approved proposals for the "takeover of Gaza City", which is likely to be the first phase for the Israeli military to assume full control of Gaza, as Netanyahu says it is his intention.A statement released by his office did not use the word "occupation" but, effectively, that is what the plans mean.It is not clear when the operations, which could take months, will start, as the military will have to...
August 08, 2025

Netanyahu divides Israelis and allies with plan for new military push in Gaza

Protesters march across Sydney Harbour Bridge on August 3, 2025 to protest against Israel's actions in Gaza.
‘The tide is shifting’: Massive Australian protest over Gaza crisis seen as a sign of growing global alarm
BRISBANE — When Australia wants to put on a show, it turns to the sweeping expanse of Sydney Harbour, home to the Opera House and the iconic bridge that connects the city with its northern suburbs.So, when organizers of usually small pro-Palestinian protests held every two weeks since Israel’s 2023 invasion of Gaza detected a shift in community attitudes towards the grinding conflict – at home and abroad – they chose the bridge to make a global statement.“We thought that the kind of bold and somewhat audacious idea that we were going to march over Sydney Harbour Bridge would capture the imaginations of everyone out there who was horrified by what we were seeing,” said protest organizer Josh Lees, from the Palestinian Action Group.The group had been emboldened by artists making...
August 08, 2025

‘The tide is shifting’: Massive Australian protest over Gaza crisis seen as a sign of growing global alarm

Israeli soldiers are seen near the Gaza Strip border in southern Israel, 6 August, 2025
Israel's security cabinet approves Netanyahu's plan to occupy Gaza City
TEL AVIV — Israel's security cabinet has approved plans to take over Gaza City in the north of the enclave. Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's office announced the plans after senior security cabinet officials convened for hours late on Thursday and into the early hours of Friday to debate the controversial issue.The decision marks another significant escalation in Israel's 22-month long military offensive on the Strip, which has already killed at least 61,258 Palestinians, accoridng to the Hamas-run Gaza Health Ministry.The gruelling war has also internally displaced Gaza's 2 million population, many several times, reduced the territory to rubble, with the UN estimating that more than 60% of buildings and critical infrastructure having been destroyed, and pushed most...
August 08, 2025

Israel's security cabinet approves Netanyahu's plan to occupy Gaza City

Relatives of Israeli hostages held by Hamas sail towards Gaza, calling for an end to the war.
Hostage families sail toward Gaza calling for Israel to end the war
JERUSALEM — Families of some of the Israeli hostages still held in Gaza have sailed towards the Palestinian enclave on Thursday, in a desperate attempt to put pressure on the government of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu as it contemplates expanding the war in Gaza.The Hostages and Missing Families Forum, as well as the opposition and a large part of the Israeli public, are strongly against the expansion of the operation, arguing it would put their loved ones at even more risk.As the flotilla set off from the port of Ashkelon in southern Israel, Lior Horev from the hostage families forum told CNN the sailing was “an SOS call.”“Unfortunately, we cannot enter Gaza and get our loved ones back home, but...this is a mayday call to the Israeli government,” he said.Israel’s...
August 08, 2025

Hostage families sail toward Gaza calling for Israel to end the war

Israeli soldiers drive on their armoured personnel carrier back from inside the northern Gaza Strip into southern Israel, 29 July, 2025
Belgian court prohibits transit of military equipment to Israel
BRUSSELS — A court in Belgium has ordered the Flemish government to stop the transit of military equipment to Israel, following the discovery of hardware in the port of Antwerp earlier this year.The Court of First Instance in Brussels ordered the regional government to block the Antwerp shipment and prohibit any future transit of military equipment to Israel, which faces growing criticism in the West for its handling of the war in Gaza.The judge also imposed a fine of €50,000 for any arms shipment sent to Israel.The judgement came in response to a complaint lodged in June by four Flemish associations.Speaking to Euronews, Lichen Ullmann, the coordinator of the Vredesactie movement, which was involved in the complaint, explained that the containers found in Antwerp "included...
August 08, 2025

Belgian court prohibits transit of military equipment to Israel

Fighters from the Lebanese militant group Hezbollah train in southern Lebanon, 21 May, 2023
Lebanon backs US proposal for Hezbollah to disarm
BEIRUT — Lebanon's government approved a US proposal on Thursday that would see the disarmament of the militant group Hezbollah and the Israeli military withdrawal from the south of the country.Tensions have been rising in Lebanon amid increased domestic and international pressure for Hezbollah to give up its remaining arsenal after a bruising war with Israel that ended last November with a US-brokered ceasefire.Hezbollah itself has doubled down on its refusal to disarm.Four Shiite ministers walked out before the vote. They included members of Hezbollah's parliamentary bloc and the allied Amal party, as well as independent Shiite parliamentarian Fadi Makki.Makki said in a post on X that he had "tried to work on bridging the gaps and bringing viewpoints closer between all...
August 08, 2025

Lebanon backs US proposal for Hezbollah to disarm

Palestinians clamber over the rubble, after Israel forces attacked the Khadija school, central Gaza, on July 27, 2024
Israel using US munitions to ‘indiscriminately’ attack Gaza school shelters: Human Rights Watch 
WASHINGTON — The Israeli military has “illegally and indiscriminately” used US munitions to attack school shelters in Gaza, killing hundreds of people, Human Rights Watch (HRW) says.The US-based campaigners’ report, “Gaza: Israeli School Strikes Magnify Civilian Peril,” was published Thursday.Israel’s campaign following the Hamas-led attacks of October 7, 2023 has made the vast majority of Gaza’s 2.1 million people homeless – forcing many to flee their neighborhoods in search of civilian infrastructure.Israel has frequently said its strikes on school facilities in Gaza target embedded Hamas fighters. But HRW said it only found seven instances where the military published details of alleged militants killed – and highlighted two strikes, which killed nearly 50 people,...
August 07, 2025

Israel using US munitions to ‘indiscriminately’ attack Gaza school shelters: Human Rights Watch 

Palestinians climb in the back of a truck on a coastal path west of Beit Lahiya, after managing to get aid parcels when aid trucks entered the Israel-besieged Gaza Strip from the northern Zikim crossing
At least 20 Palestinians killed after aid trucks overturn in central Gaza
JERUSALEM — At least 20 Palestinians have died and dozens have been injured after four trucks overturned in central Gaza on Tuesday, the Hamas-run civil defense agency has said.The vehicles carrying humanitarian aid overturned onto a crowd of people in central Gaza after Israeli forces directed them down an ‘unsafe road’, local officials said.Crowds reportedly moved toward the trucks, climbing on top, causing the drivers to lose control on the uneven roads, it added.The incident occurred on Wednesday as large numbers of Palestinians gathered in central Gaza in search of food and basic supplies, amid an increasingly dire humanitarian crisis.Local officials quoted by the official Palestinian news agency Wafa said the vehicle overturned after Israeli forces directed it down what they...
August 06, 2025

At least 20 Palestinians killed after aid trucks overturn in central Gaza

About 90% of Gaza's 2.1 million people have been displaced, some repeatedly, and are living in overcrowded and dire conditions. Humanitarian groups and UN officials say many are starving
UN official says Israel expanding Gaza operations would risk 'catastrophic consequences'
NEW YORK — A top UN official has warned there would be "catastrophic consequences" if Israel expands its military operations in Gaza, after reports Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is pushing for total reoccupation.Assistant Secretary General Miroslav Jenča told the UN Security Council such a move would be "deeply alarming", and could endanger the lives of more Palestinians, as well as Israeli hostages held by Hamas.Israeli media reported that Netanyahu plans to meet his security cabinet this week."The die has been cast. We're going for the full conquest of the Gaza Strip - and defeating Hamas," a senior Israeli official was quoted as saying.The security cabinet, which is due to meet on Thursday, would need to approve such an action.It has been...
August 06, 2025

UN official says Israel expanding Gaza operations would risk 'catastrophic consequences'

An aerial photograph shows tents amidst the destruction caused by the Israeli air and ground offensive in Beit Lahiya, 17 February, 2025
Netanyahu says decision made for full occupation of Gaza
TEL AVIV -- Israel's Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu confirmed on Monday that a decision has been made for the full occupation of the Gaza Strip, including military operations in areas where hostages are believed to be held."We're committing to free Gaza from the tyranny of these terrorists," Netanyahu said in a video address posted on X."Many Gazans come to us and they say 'Help us be free. Help us be free of Hamas.' and that's what we will do."The Prime Minister's Office also said in a message to the Chief of Staff, Lieutenant General Eyal Zamir, "If this does not suit you, then you should resign."Netanyahu and Zamir have been at odds with the way the war in Gaza is being fought, with those tensions "having reached their...
August 05, 2025

Netanyahu says decision made for full occupation of Gaza

< Previous Next >
footer logo
COPYRIGHT © 2025 WWW.SAUDIGAZETTE.COM.SA - ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
Powered by NewsPress
NEWS CATEGORY
saudi arabia world opinion business sports esports life
COMPANY
advertisements about us Epaper contact us Archive privacy policy