Friday August 29, 2025 / 06 , Rabi' al-awwal , 1447
Header Logo
Leading The Way
search-icon
Footer Header
search-icon
SG
Saudi Arabia
Opinion
Discover Saudi
World
Sports
Business
Life
Advertisements
search-logo
  • Home
  • Life
  • Life Style
Life
1431 - 1440 from 3282 . In "Life / Life Style"



Gene Simmons (2nd R) of the rock band Kiss speaks next to fellow band members Paul Stanley, Peter Criss and Ace Frehley (L-R) after Kiss was inducted at the 29th annual Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York April 10, 2014. — Reuters file photo
Rock band Kiss promises ‘unapologetic’ final tour
LOS ANGELES — Members of the rock band Kiss said they are kicking off a farewell concert tour in January because they wanted to say goodbye while they could still deliver the over-the-top performances that have thrilled audiences over a 45-year career.Known for their makeup, big hair and outrageous costumes, Kiss was among the biggest acts of the 1970s, coming out of the glam rock era with hits including “Rock and Roll All Nite.”“How pathetic and sad would it be to see the band, and you’ve seen lots of them, (where) you remember their glory days and they’re out there a little bit too long,” said 69-year-old bassist and singer Gene Simmons.“We have too much pride and self-respect in us, and too much love for our fans, to not live up to our self-imposed mandate,” he added....
October 30, 2018

Rock band Kiss promises ‘unapologetic’ final tour

Britain’s Prince Harry and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex react to gifts they received during a visit to Pillars, a charity operating across New Zealand that supports children who have a parent in prison by providing special mentoring schemes in Auckland, New Zealand, Tuesday. — Reuters
Meghan defeats Harry in New Zealand gumboot toss
WELLINGTON — Britain’s Prince Harry and his wife Meghan threw rubber gumboots on Tuesday as children cheered in a competition in New Zealand’s largest city of Auckland, though Harry’s team ended up losing to his wife’s side.A 6.1 magnitude earthquake felt by thousands of people in New Zealand did not disrupt the schedule of the couple, who are on the final leg of a Pacific tour that has included Australia, Fiji and Tonga.“There wasn’t too much of a rivalry,” Isabella Iti, 10, said after the gumboot toss. “I think she was thinking that there was no chance that she would win. But she did.”The Duke and Duchess of Sussex were visiting a conservation area north of Auckland that had been set aside as part of a Commonwealth initiative to honour Queen Elizabeth’s 66 years on...
October 30, 2018

Meghan defeats Harry in New Zealand gumboot toss




This file photo taken on Feb. 3, 1992, shows French designer Yves Saint Laurent (L) and French actress Catherine Deneuve attending the show celebrating the 30 years creation anniversary of the Yves Saint-Laurent House at the Bastille Opera in Paris. Deneuve, who has just turned 75, decided to auction off her Yves Saint Laurent designer clothes at Christie’s auction house at the end of January 2019 in Paris. — AFP
French actress Deneuve to auction off personal YSL collection
Paris — French screen legend Catherine Deneuve announced Monday she was set to auction off her personal clothing collection designed by her friend Yves Saint Laurent, the late fashion icon.Deneuve, who has just turned 75, said she was selling her country home in northern France where she kept a wardrobe full of Saint Laurent items and had decided to offload some of the clothes too “not without some sadness”.“These are the designs of such a talented man who designed only to make women more beautiful,” Deneuve said in a message shared by the auction house Christie’s, which will handle the sale.Around 150 items, including coats, dresses and accessories -- some of them unique pieces designed for Deneuve -- will be auctioned at the end of January during Haute Couture fashion week in...
October 29, 2018

French actress Deneuve to auction off personal YSL collection




A group of about 30 students spent about two months completing the work, which is 2.4 meters (about 7.8 feet) tall and 1.5 meters wide.
Tiny baby octopus found floating on Hawaii trash
HONOLULU — Hawaii scientists found two tiny baby octopuses floating on plastic trash they were cleaning up as they monitored coral reefs. Marine ecologist Sallie Beavers of Kaloko-Honokohau National Historical Park said Wednesday that the octopuses were the size of green peas. She believes they were likely either day octopus or night octopus, both species commonly found off Hawaii. They can grow to 12 pounds (5.4 kilograms) as adults, with arm spans of 3 feet (1 meter.)Scientists found them months ago, but the US Interior Department highlighted them this week when it posted a photo of one on social media.Octopus babies hide under logs and other floating debris until they’re a few months old. Beavers says one squirted a tiny bit of ink when they released it in the ocean. — Agencies
October 29, 2018

Tiny baby octopus found floating on Hawaii trash




Britain’s Prince Harry and Meghan, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, are greeted by actors in costume as they arrive for a visit to Courtenay Creative, in Wellington, New Zealand, Monday. — Reuters
Harry, Meghan and ‘little bump’ go bush in New Zealand
Wellington — Prince Harry passed on greetings from “our little bump” to conservation workers in New Zealand Monday when he and pregnant wife Meghan toured a South Island nature reserve.The British royals’ arrival at the Abel Tasman National Park was heralded with blasts from a conch shell before a traditional Maori greeting.Amid heavy rain, Harry told the crowd he was grateful the weather was mild enough to allow the royal party to make the trip from the capital Wellington in a New Zealand Air Force NH90 helicopter.“The forecast was a lot worse than this so we are very, very glad to have made it,” he said.“The rain is a blessing on all of us... from my wife, myself and our little bump, we are so grateful to be here.“We bring blessings from my grandmother, Her Majesty the...
October 29, 2018

Harry, Meghan and ‘little bump’ go bush in New Zealand

‘Halloween’ frightens off box office competition
Los Angeles — “Halloween” ruled the North American box office for a second week running, frightening off the competition as it raked in another $32 million, according to estimates reported Sunday by industry tracker Exhibitor Relations.Starring Jamie Lee Curtis, the low-budget Universal Pictures production recounts her character Laurie Strode’s final confrontation with a masked homicidal maniac four decades after surviving his killing spree.The movie’s return to the top spot over the three day weekend followed its $76.2 million debut last week, the second best October opening ever after “Venom.”“A Star is Born,” the third remake of the 1937 film, placed second for a third straight week, earning $14.1 million.Bradley Cooper, in his directorial debut, plays a hard-drinking...
October 29, 2018

‘Halloween’ frightens off box office competition




An attendee, dressed as Catwoman for the MCM London Comic Con, is helped to put her shoes on outside the Excel Centre in London. — Reuters
Superheroes mix with villains as London Comic Con kicks off
LONDON — From Catwoman to the Joker, comics and games fans dressed up as their favorite characters in London on Friday as the British capital’s Comic Con entertainment event kicked off.Visitors will celebrate their favorite characters from the worlds of comics, films and games over three days, with exhibits, talks, workshops and plenty of entertainment also on offer.Actor Paul Bettany — who starred in the superhero blockbuster “Avengers” films as well as sci-fi saga “Solo: A Star Wars Story” — is scheduled to make an appearance, as are comic book writers Brian Azzarello and Frank Miller. — Reuters
October 27, 2018

Superheroes mix with villains as London Comic Con kicks off




In this file photo taken on April 24, 2018 Megyn Kelly attends the TIME 100 Gala celebrating its annual list of the 100 Most Influential People In The World at Frederick P. Rose Hall, Jazz at Lincoln Center in New York City.  — AFP
Megyn Kelly loses talk show after blackface remark
New York —NBC News said Friday it has pulled the plug on US television journalist Megyn Kelly’s morning talk show, after her comments about the use of blackface sparked a major backlash.“Megyn Kelly Today is not returning,” NBC News reported, citing its own spokesperson.“Next week, the 9am hour will be hosted by other Today co-anchors.”The 47-year-old Kelly, a former attorney and Fox News anchor, is in talks about her future at NBC, with unnamed sources quoted by the network itself saying she is likely to leave.Kelly’s attorney, Bryan Freedman, was quoted as saying that “discussions about next steps are continuing.”At issue, according to The Hollywood Reporter: the payout of the remainder of her multi-million-dollar contract, and the length of her non-compete clause,...
October 27, 2018

Megyn Kelly loses talk show after blackface remark




A black synthetic-blend jacket Michael Jackson wore on his 1989 Bad World Tour is pictured in this photo provided by Julien’s Auctions. — Reuters
Michael Jackson’s ‘Bad’ tour jacket up for auction
LOS ANGELES — Michael Jackson’s black “Bad” jacket that the singer wore on his first solo tour is going up for auction in November and could fetch up to $100,000.Julien’s Auctions said on Friday that the jacket, which Jackson signed on the back with a silver permanent marker, was worn throughout the singer’s “Bad” world concert tour from 1987-89.The jacket, with multiple zippers, straps and buckles, is one of the late singer’s most iconic costume pieces alongside his red and black leather “Thriller” music video jacket that sold for $1.8 million at auction in 2011.Jackson has become one of the most collectible celebrities since his sudden death in 2009 in Los Angeles at age 50 from an accidental overdose of an anesthetic he was using as a sleep aid.The “Bad” jacket...
October 27, 2018

Michael Jackson’s ‘Bad’ tour jacket up for auction

Irish pop singer Sinead O’Connor performs in Lorient, western France, during the 37th International Celtic Festival (FIL) in this Aug. 5, 2007 file photo. — AFP

.
AFP PHOTO  FRED TANNEAU Irish singer Sinead O'Connor has announced on October 26 ,2018 she has converted to Islam and changed her name to Shuhada. Having adopted the name Magda Davitt last year, the 51-year-old is now called Shuhada Davitt. She also changed her Twitter avatar to a black-and-white image of the Nike Swoosh logo and the slogan:
Singer Sinead O’Connor converts to Islam
LONDON — Outspoken Irish singer Sinead O’Connor has announced she has converted to Islam and changed her name to Shuhada.Having adopted the name Magda Davitt last year, the 51-year-old is now called Shuhada Davitt.She also changed her Twitter avatar to a black-and-white image of the Nike Swoosh logo and the slogan: “Wear a hijab. Just do it.”“This is to announce that I am proud to have become a Muslim. This is the natural conclusion of any intelligent theologian’s journey,” she tweeted.“All scripture study leads to Islam. Which makes all other scriptures redundant. I will be given (another) new name. It will be Shuhada.”Her Twitter account says the singer now lives in “Direland”.O’Connor’s 1990 hit “Nothing Compares 2 U” became a global hit, with her haunting...
October 26, 2018

Singer Sinead O’Connor converts to Islam

< Previous Next >
footer logo
COPYRIGHT © 2025 WWW.SAUDIGAZETTE.COM.SA - ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
Powered by NewsPress
NEWS CATEGORY
saudi arabia world opinion business sports esports life
COMPANY
advertisements about us Epaper contact us Archive privacy policy